Brandon Running Association (BRA) has 4 certified and very experienced coaches in the sport of running and in triathlons who can advise you to help reach your goals!!
If you are a current paid B.R.A. member and meet the requirements below - and request run coaching, a comprehensive questionnaire is to be completed to help match the right coach to you.
1) BRA continuous membership (if new member at least 12 month minimum).
2) Participate on at least one sanction BRA weekly run. Injuries under treatment will waive this expectation.
3) Volunteer for at least one of the two BRA races (Brandon Half and/or Shamrock) each year. This may be substituted by volunteering in other areas like as an elected officer of BRA or early weekly water setup at both parks on Saturday mornings.
4) Runners need to have a SMART goal, a planned future event, and/or shared expectations with the coach.
5) Report your detail runs with comments daily via our coaching software, Final Surge. (There is a nominal annual fee of $10 for the use of Final Surge connectivity to the coach)
6) Referrals for coaching is strongly encouraged. The coaches will help you refine your goals and provide a free basic plan in Final Surge with feedback on your runs and workouts.
7) Runners need to have a Race or Specific Goal (realistic, measurable in a certain time-frame), or they will revert to Informal Coaching (which is the same plan week over week with comments by exception only)
Further private customized run coaching (and triathlon coaching) is available for a fee of $60 (or $80) per month or on a per hour basis if one on one personal time is requested or you do not meet the requirements.
If interested, please submit a contact form below.